Now 20 years into my design career, I’m confident that I’ve barely scratched on all that I know I’m capable of and still want to accomplish. Moving beyond those boundaries depends in part on the kinds of working relationships that have yet to round the corner, and I hope that ours can be one of them.
I am most interested in our taking on identity, specialty print (including augmented reality), contextual web experience and interaction projects with small to medium-sized clientele on a remote basis. Having managed successful projects at distance in the past (most notably with both Burton Snowboards (headquartered in Vermont) and Fourcorners Publishing (Vancouver, bc)), I look forward to exploring other interesting opportunities abroad.
- Senior Designer, Principal
Primarily Design, Sacramento ca. (2016-Present)
- Digital Marketing Consultant & Trainer
Northeastern California Small Business Development Center, Sacramento ca. (2011-2013)
- Independent Creative Professional
Abide Visuals / Aaron Winters Creative Professional, Sacramento ca. (2002-2015)
- Communications Design Professional
California Landscape Contractors Association (2000-2010)
Assistant Professor, Graphic & Web Design program
Art Insitute of California - Sacramento (2015-Present)
Assistant Professor, Graphic Communication department
Sacramento City College (2008-2015)
Assistant Professor, Art New Media department
American River College, Sacramento ca (2007-2008)
- mfa, Graphic Design
Vermont College Of Fine Arts, Montpelier vt. (2014)
- ba, Government
California State University - Sacramento (2000)
- aa, Graphic Communication
Sacramento City College (2003)
- Creative direction, identity design, art direction, editorial direction and design, lettering, illustration, packaging design.
- Information architecture, prototyping, site-mapping and content inventories, wireframing, mobile-first responsive website implementation, animation and interaction, web standards / semantic web.
- Project management, client relations, small business consulting, pre-press (digital, offset, screenprint, direct-to-garment and alternative printing methods), copywriting, editing, design writing, cultural criticism.
- Non-profits: Firefighters Burn Institute, Youth Firesetters Program, SLO Folk Society, Sacramento Caledonian Club
- Trade groups: California Landscape Contractors Association, California Water Management Certification Program, Landscape Industry Show
- Record labels: Weird Forest, Suicide Squeeze, Narnack, 5RC, Clairecords.
- Musicians: Noveller, Lil B, Grouper, Mark McGuire, Zach Hill, Hella, Ganglians, Zac Nelson / Hexlove and dozens more.
- Professional Services: SacSurfacePro, Fleet Collision Services, Zoe’s Cruises & Tours, All City Homes.
- Magazines: Color skateboarding magazine, California Landscaping, Midtown Monthly, New Times Weekly, ForkIt, TheLegend.